Per DPS, here is the current policy on grades for students in middle school:
- Student grades will not be negatively impacted by performance during remote learning. Teachers are expected to provide formative feedback only.
- Students failing a year-long course as of March 13 will be allowed to improve grades.
- Students may turn in missing assignments through April 24 to improve Quarter 3 grades.
- Students will receive numerical grades for Quarter 3.
- In the event that schools do not reopen after May 15, DPS will rely on the State Board of Education’s additional statewide guidance for final grading options.